Old February 22nd 06, 11:51 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Default Sun's Hot Surface: Influence of Jupiter on our Sun~~~

David Knisely wrote in news:689b8$43fcc727$8b37d1c0
:

granite stone posted:

All planets or moons that have active volcanoes with magma, such
as Earth and Io, rotate at high speeds (Earth 24 hours).

snip...

Table 1: Rotation Speeds of Planets and Moons

planet or moon rotation speed - Earth days

earth 1
earth's moon 0
Venus 20
Mars (no large
Satellites) 1.05
Sun 25
Mercury 58.6462
Io 1.769138
Europa 3.55
Ganymede 7.15
Callisto 16.689

No, I'm afraid not. Venus rotates *very* slowly (243 days, *not* 20).
It had (and probably still has) active volcanoes. The Earth's moon
rotates (with respect to the stars) in a period of 27.322 days. It is
in tidal lock with the Earth (as is Io with Jupiter), so only one face
is observable from Earth, but it *still* rotates. If you lived on
Jupiter, you would also see only one side of Io.

As for the rest of your posting, there is so much wrong with it that I
can only say you need to take some basic science courses and come back
when you understand what their teachers have told you (and stay off of
sci.astro.amateur, as this is rather off-topic for that newsgroup).
Clear skies to you.

He's already been told this the last time he posted this nonsense. I
suspect he's just seeking attention.

Klazmon.