Old November 8th 03, 07:24 AM

Default FLToday:"Five station risks alarm NASA "

"stmx3" wrote in message
---clip---
So...these are not unacceptable risks then? Or can you 'waiver' it
enough to make it acceptable?

Of the items mentioned, my biggest concern would be for the external
cooling system.

---clip---
The saving grace on orbit is that it may be
mixing and reacting with the internal cooling medium, which I assume is
water.

They apparently can continue to "waiver" problems until somebody gets
hurt---then they have to fix it.
If the Russian components are built like Mir, they may be using glycol. I
can't remember offhand the bad reaction glycol has with common spacecraft
materials, in addition to being a serious irritant to skin and eyes. Oh,
well, as long as it's only a small leak.
I notice that it has been a long time since they made even the pretense of
using the "Quest" airlock as if it were operational. How many preflight
waivers did they write on that piece of junk?

JJ Robinson II
Houston, TX
* JOKE *
* SERIOUS *