Old March 2nd 16, 12:03 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones[_6_]

Default SES-9 status?

Jeff Findley wrote:
Supposedly the info originally came from this site:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...455232/zoom:10

I firsts saw the info on Twitter, which is why I added the "?" in the
parenthesis. We all know info comes in fast and loose on Twitter.
According to Reddit, the vessel was the USNS Lawrence H. Gianella (T-
AOT-1125).

The accusation that it was a Navy ship is still on Reddit and on other
online forums:

https://www.reddit.com/r/spacex/comm...r/rspacex_ses9
_official_launch_discussion_updates/t1_d0hgyp2

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...1189085&page=3

But, all "legitimate" news sites have just said it was a "boat" without
any other information.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/ne...crub/81102952/

Claims it was a tug with a barge.

rick jones
--
the road to hell is paved with business decisions...
these opinions are mine, all mine; HPE might not want them anyway...