Old September 9th 11, 09:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: SN2011fe in M101

On 9/8/2011 8:54 PM, Robert Price wrote:
Super Nova 2011fe in M101 photographed on 3 Sept 2011, one day after
discovery. I was testing a Canon 500mm lens while on vacation in
South Carolina. STL-1000m 4x10min L, 1x10min RGB

It's gotten a lot brighter since I imaged it on 8-26 UT right after
discovery. It will be in the trees once the moon is out of the way I'm
afraid. I did try one other night but results don't look promising. In
the 5 days since your image it probably is even brighter. I'll have to
take binoculars out into the lake and take a look. Only way to avoid
the forest.

Rick