Old January 10th 05, 05:31 AM
starburst

C. Balci wrote:
Hello,

I have completed a roll of slide film with astrophotos (constellation
shots). Since this is my first try, i have only requested my lab to
process it without cutting. Today i got my film. Pictures seem good.
Now i don't know what to do next. I plan to cut the frames and select
the good ones for printing. Do you think i should print all of them?
If i cut the frames but not mount the slides, does it cause any
problem in printing or should i mount them before printing. I have not
shot any daylight or any other bright picture so it seems that there
is no other way to have my lab cut the slide. Or, is there any way?
If i don't plan to make slide shows, do i need to mount the slides?

Regards,

balci

You don't need to get them mounted at all if you're not planning on
using them in a slide projector, so don't bother doing it. It will
likely only cause problems for you. In the past, I cut the slide film
into strips of four or five exposures each and then store them in the
same sheets used for storing megatives. You can buy sheets like these at
most photo stores.