Old May 9th 08, 01:03 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.talk.weather,sci.military.naval,alt.global-warming
Poetic Justice

Default ... OIL has Doubled in One Year! $120 bbl While NASA Dreams ofMoon Rocks!

Richard Casady wrote:
On Thu, 8 May 2008 17:40:51 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"Lloyd" wrote in message
What happened to Bush's promise in 2000 to use his connections with
the Saudis to keep oil prices down?

It's *working*. The demand has skyrocketed, particularly because of China.
We should have seen these prices years ago.

Yes, China. I wish the US didn't do business with them: they don't
like us and the leadership are scum.
I think China has quite a bit of coal. They do have a place with a
seam of coal three hundred feet thick. If they have the coal, they can
get by without oil if they have to.

As can the US, we have vast quantities of the coal and a fair ammount
of oil. Canada has vast ammounts of tar sands. I believe they are
developing them as fast as they can. They hired all of the available
trained labor. They will sell us oil if we have the dough. We would
rather give them the money than the arabs, who mostly hate us.

I wonder how high the price can go.

High enough that Al Gore will be the only one to fill his Lear Jet.