Old August 16th 07, 03:26 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Jeff Findley

Default Interpeting Tile Damage Test Results

"Danny Deger" wrote in message

"Craig Fink" wrote in message
Just one interpretation of the Tile Damage test results.

I wish they had a before and after picture of the tile. It looks like a
lot of tile was removed during the simulated entry. I would think there
is enough uncertainty in the test to justify a repair based on this much
tile being removed.

Florida Today has the pictures of the damage in orbit. You can compare that
to the post test tile image.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc...ategory=news02

Look on the right side of the page for the Photo gallery link.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)