Old July 16th 18, 09:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Summertime Once More in Gresham

Another scorcher! Yesterday it made it to 98F! Currently as of 12:45 PM here in Gresham it is 84F. Expected high today 95F. Just killed what looked like a big red tick coming at me! Heat brings them out! Wind NW at 5 mph. Humidity 35%.

Sitting out on my patio drinking beer, I can see many planes coming over here. Some are jetliners. They seem to come from the south over Gresham, and then make their turn to the west to land at the Portland International Airport. When I lived a Crown Point, it seemed that most of the jets that flew over were heading north toward Seattle. We had a dog, a black and white collie dog that was driven crazy by all the jet traffic! You have undoubtedly seen dogs that got into the bad habit of chasing cars. Well this dog got into the habit of chasing jet airplanes! He had a well beaten path that went up into the woods, and also down into the woods in front of our house! Every time a jet would fly over, he would start running up and down his trails, barking he head off, I guess to scare off that noisy bird! Well, I guess it always worked!

Double-A