Old July 25th 08, 09:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Timberwoof[_2_]

Default Angular Momentum

In article ,
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

Cactus saul I know the Suns equatorial bulge is small I just wanted to
know how small. Just as easily if you said not measurable. Why be so
uptight? bend a little.

How far? Much of what you and some others have said here is somewhere
between lunacy, unsubstantiated speculation, and uninformed fantasy.
When the real answers can be found and understood by any dedicated
amateur, there's no reason to entertain silly notions that have no basis
in reality.

Best Saul you keep in mind if the image of the
Earth was only 33 inches across it also would look perfectly round but
we know its not You are hard to figure at times. Bert

It's not all that hard to look up. Google is your friend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_bulge
"The Earth has an equatorial bulge of 42.72 km (26.5 miles) due to its
rotation"

The "flattening ratio" is about 1:300.

Saturn and Jupiter, which spin faster than the Earth does and which are
mostly gas, have much larger flattening ratios: 1:14 and 1:10.

--
Timberwoof me at timberwoof dot com http://www.timberwoof.com
Official naysayer of the DARPA kind, who knows only of what¹s accepted by