Old July 2nd 06, 07:35 PM posted to alt.conspiracy,alt.astronomy,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.physics
George Dishman[_1_]

Default Star Distances

"Hurt" wrote in message
oups.com...

The anomalous acceleration of Pioneer 10 and 11 is in the direction of
the Sun, not away from it. In other words they are slowing down more
than expected, not speeding up.

Double-A

Double? A binary system! Oh my gawd, we're in a binary star system.

"Double-A" is the signature of the poster.

So let me get this straight, I am right, the spacecraft is slowing down
due to a star... behind us. The probe is now far enough away so that
the gravity of our Sun is not overwhelming, therefore not masking, our
ability to detect the pull of "our" other sun? Wow! Neato! I love
it!

Both Pioneers are slowing and they are on opposite
sides of the Sun so your extra star is on both sides
of the Sun at the same time, and again, the anomaly
does NOT affect the planets, the gravitational pull
of another body would so the cause is NOT another
object.

Please look at figure 3 on page 5 of this paper
before writing any mo

http://www.arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0104064

HTH
George