Old December 27th 09, 05:01 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default Apollo 8 Plus 41 Years

David Spain wrote:
I remember following it that year whilst programming my 1st 'electric brain'
and Xmas present that year:

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2008/...bs&Qis=XL#qdig

By the time Apollo 8 was on its way back, I was already deep into plans
to overclock it with my Erector set motor...

That sounds like you were converting it to something related to the
principle used by the Turing Bombe to break the Enigma Machine codes
during WW II:
http://jproc.ca/crypto/bombe_turing.html
I always wanted one of the ones Edmund Scientific sold, although I can't
even remember what the thing looked like (I think it used phone jacks of
some sort)
There's a interesting history page on PCs here that includes your
Geniac: http://www.blinkenlights.com/pc.shtml
I've always wanted to see one of these in action:
http://www.vcalc.net/cu.htm
Which looks like some sort of crank-driven time machine Dr. Who might be
dragging around with him, or a high-tech miniature multi-spice mill for
use by a gourmand in the uncivilized parts of the world.

Pat