Old November 14th 04, 06:03 AM
Robert Casey

OM wrote:

...This evening, I unretired an old pizzabox system to serve one
purpose and one purpose alone: a home game server. A system set aside
and dedicated to hosting Unreal Tournament maps, skins and other
distractions for yours truly when I actually have time to be amused by
such things. As with most of my systems, I tend to give them Astronaut
names that fit their personalities:

Glenn - The Living Room Media Center - AKA, the TV
Shepard - My Bedside Box. Provides news and entertainment, but also
happens to be where I have to deal with spam.
Grissom - Identical to Shepard, but the second system built. Has a
missing side panel.
Carpenter - Has a flaky video card that refuses to switch video modes
on occasion

In a book about the space program to land on the Moon,
(I think it was) Chris Kraft wrote, it seems that 6 of the
7 astronauts did their work pretty well. But he essentially
rips Carpenter a new a-hole. Did Carpenter really do that
bad a job as astronaut? Or maybe Chris and Carpenter didn't
get along?...