Old March 3rd 07, 04:05 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Default Bye-bye INF treaty?

"Terrell Miller" wrote:

:
:"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
.. .
: John Stoffel wrote:
:
: :Now I need to go do some research on exactly what planes were on board
: :the carrier(s) in the task force when this whole debacle happened.
: :Then /I/ can contribute to a debate over the facts and their
: :interpretation.
:
: Yes, perhaps you should. And while you're doing that, perhaps you
: should also learn a bit about carrier air operations.
:
:good place to start is he
:http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ado_canyon.htm

Uh, I don't need "a good place to start".

:America and Coral Sea were teh two carriers in range. 14 Intruders total,
lus air cap, jammers, refuelling, etc.

Note that there were actually 3 carriers in the Mediterranean at that
point in time. The third could have been shifted over.

I note you elided the points I provided for you to think about. Let
me add one more for you:

5) The purpose of the Benghazi raid (by the Navy) was to SUPPRESS
DEFENSES by striking a major fighter base. Doing the targets
sequentially doesn't get the job done, since you give the other guy
time to get his fighter base back up.

--
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night
to visit violence on those who would do us harm.