Old October 25th 05, 04:57 PM
br

Default A hurrican can be broken up with a strong laser from a weather satellite

"Marko Horvat" a écrit dans le
message de ...

During one experiment the former USSR dumped one whole tanker of oil in

the
Pacific in an effort to stop a hurricane. The experiment failed.

"one whole tanker of oil " is not a whole hell of a lot, considering the
size of a hurricane, and it's not the right color, really, to cool off the
surface.

USA experimented with silver-iodine dispersing it on a large scale from an
aeroplane. There was no mathematically provable success.

Silver IODIDE (not iodine) has been tried for years to "seed" clouds, with,
as you say, no perceptible success. It's also been tried on hurricanes, see:
www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5a.html. My father lost a bunch of money on
one of those schemes in the Colorado Rockies in th 50's. That's not,
however, what I suggested. My idea is to work on the albedo to modfify the
temperatures involved, not to chemically change the storm.

And as with Jello... ok, do you have enough Jello to cover a large piece

of
Mexican Gulf? And what happens when that nice thick Jello gets accelerated
to 200 mi/h?? A lot more damage than from water droplets at the same

speed.

Jello's a dumb idea.

BR