Old July 8th 04, 01:20 AM
vonroach

Default SR time dilation on remote objects ?

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:32:57 +0200, Bjoern Feuerbacher
wrote:

Sorry, but "a galaxy moving through the cosmos at 1/2 the speed of
another galaxy relative to the other galaxy" makes no sense.

Then it agrees with much of cosmology. I agree with the Czech
scientist philosopher Mach, if it is not pragmatically experienced by
some human sensation in the stream of sensations, then it is abstract
hypothesis. I can experience mass, energy, inertia, momentum, force,
acceleration, and yes gravity, electromagnetism, photons, atomic and
sub atomic phenomenon in the chemical and physics laboratory and with
the help of technical apparatus.. The Astronomy and space science that
NASA has let us see is believable. I look at the cosmos and I just
see what is there, all the rest is abstract hypothesis and an
abundance of fanciful theories (all making `good sense' to somebody).
Mathematics when it goes beyond counting and simple operations is just
scratches on a piece of paper that mean nothing until it can be
measured and the results seen. Call it skepticism or pragmatism or
what ever you like. I've yet to see any `aging' or lack of it in space
travel.