Old June 30th 10, 11:36 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Daniel Minge

Default Iridium

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 01:15:34 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Daniel Minge wrote:

I've downloaded and installed heavensat, but it doesn't have a help
file. I need to be able to install the satellite elements and most
importantly, how to exit the program. :-)

You can exit Heavensat by clicking on "Common" in its
toolbar, then clicking "Quit." Or you can just click on
the X in the screen's upper-right corner.

I put the satellite elements in .txt files, and place them
in Heavensat's TLE folder. Then click on "Satellites"
in the toolbar, then click on "Satellite bases" and
checkmark the file(s) you want to use. (Alternatively,
when you're in the main screen you can hit
Ctrl-b to get the list of TLE bases.)

--Bill Thompson

Thank you very much for that information. A great help !

Minge