Old December 26th 06, 03:32 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Jerry

Default Perihelion of Mercury question

Sorcerer wrote:
"Jerry" wrote in message ups.com...

| At the end of the article, Johnson explains the column headings and
| the sign conventions used:
| "In the (Measured) Radial Velocity column and Relative Radial Velocity
| column, plus numbers mean moving away from Earth. The opposite is
| true in the Acceleration column, where negative values indicate
| acceleration away from us, toward the center of the star, or a
| gravitational collapsing effect...."

The guy is a ****ing idiot, just like you, he got the sign wrong.

Try reading the quote, for once.

Johnson used an OPPOSITE SIGN CONVENTION for acceleration.

I predict that you will snip everything relevant and will attempt
to cover up your embarrassment with abusive language.

Jerry