Old September 30th 05, 06:44 AM
Pat Flannery

Derek Lyons wrote:

Pat Flannery wrote:

I found some detailed photos of it under construction:
http://bmdsidc.mda.mil/MDA_Photo_Library/sbx.shtm
Those are very odd looking ladders- like something out of "The Cabinet
Of Dr. Caligari". :-)

If you are referring to the crazy-curvy thinks that look like ladders,
I suspect they are actually wireways.

I thought that at first also, but they look more like ladders that allow
access to the antenna no matter how it's elevated or slewed. The size
and crossbar spacing are right, and the ones on either side of the
elevation gear don't seem to join to anything at their lower ends.
You could be right though- I can picture masses of cables being laid
inside them that haven't been installed when the picture was taken.

Pat