Old February 27th 05, 02:12 AM
Peter Smith

wrote...
Peter Smith writes:

In tidying up I just found an old 45 single.

It is titled 'Americas First Man In Orbit'.

Place: Pad 14 Cape Canaveral
Date February 20, 1962
Time 0947am EST Lift off MA6 - The Atlas Booaster Rocket
109D carrying Mercury space capsule "Friendship 7" Manned and
piloted by Lt. COL. John H. Glenn, Jr US Marine Corps

Narated by Lt Col John A Powers in Mercury Control

Actually its a long playing 33 1/3 single-format record with
Side1/Side2

So are these a dime a dozen, or should I get it transferred? Of
course I chucked out our record player about 12 months ago...

I had one, then someone tried to play it on a bloody gramaphone

Please MP3 it and put it up somewhere.

OK, I'll have a go at that.

I'm not sure how to go about it, but my brother-in-law got some 78s from
the '40's which were cracked and flaking laser-transferred somewhere - the
quality they got out of them is astounding.
This vinyl single looks in pretty good nick.
I'll ask him - but it might be a month or so...

- Peter