Old February 26th 05, 11:20 AM

"Peter Smith" writes:

In tidying up I just found an old 45 single.

It is titled 'Americas First Man In Orbit'.

Place: Pad 14 Cape Canaveral
Date February 20, 1962
Time 0947am EST Lift off MA6 - The Atlas Booaster Rocket
109D carrying Mercury space capsule "Friendship 7" Manned and
piloted by Lt. COL. John H. Glenn, Jr US Marine Corps

Narated by Lt Col John A Powers in Mercury Control

Actually its a long playing 33 1/3 single-format record with
Side1/Side2

So are these a dime a dozen, or should I get it transferred? Of
course I chucked out our record player about 12 months ago...

I had one, then someone tried to play it on a bloody gramaphone

Please MP3 it and put it up somewhere.

--
Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
+61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.