Old September 16th 20, 11:50 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Scott Kozel

Default Life on Venus? Astronomers See a Signal in Its Clouds

On Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 5:12:09 PM UTC-4, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

They would need to have another airship nearby and a way to quickly move all
the people to that airship.

That's a possibility, but not what I was thinking.

Or have a rocket with enough passenger capacity to go to orbit.

This is what I was thinking. Since the crew likely doesn't want to say
in the atmosphere of Venus forever, they presumably already have a
launch vehicle which will get them from the airship back to Venus orbit.
That would double as an escape vehicle.

It would depend on the crew size. If it was 5 or 6 people they could have such
a vehicle on hand.

If the crew was 25 or 30 or 50 or more that was built up over time, that might
take 5 or 10 separate trips to evacuate all of them. They might not have
enough time to evacuate all.