Old February 23rd 21, 12:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Douglas Eagleson[_2_]

Default Rocket Test Ranges open to the Public?

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 12:08:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 10:48:13 PM UTC-5, Scott Kozel wrote:
On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 8:20:04 PM UTC-5, Alain Fournier wrote:
On Feb/17/2021 at 13:51, Jeff Findley wrote :
In article ,
says...

My question is where to test it out. Is there an approved
range that allows ballistic flight paths?

Or maybe I should be winging it and launching somewhere
in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay?

I don't think that would be a good idea.

Agreed.

Pleasure boats and ships use the Bay. They would be displeased.

I doubt they need worry much. The Eagleson Bot is well known for wild ideas, not so well known for executing them.

My heavy lifter engine has an important igniter to design.
An aluminum screen is given a cylinder geometry. It
serves also as a mould for the engine chamber.
It is coated with a suitable electric fired flaming glue.
The glue very quickly fires the whole camber, igniting the safe kind of fuel.
This two purpose design allows poring the engine fuel
very simple. A graphite bottom engine cap with a central hole
forms the flame escape.

If you want one the cost is no less than $30K for a prototype with
all the engineering tested. Meaning you have to supply your
own fuel.