Old January 9th 06, 10:18 PM posted to sci.space.science

Default Dark matter/energy

Here is a little challenge for you.

How would you explain the concepts behind these to someone who was not a
scientist, but has basic knowledge about the universe, you know gravity,
speed of light etc.

I ask because someone asked me, and as I'm not a scientist either, I found
myself at somewhat of a loss, saying things like..

Um, well we cannot see it, but we know its there as its gravity is there,
but also as there is a mysterious force which is kind of biasing the
universe to carry on expanding... wem...

Obviously, the mysterious force has a different law to gravity, or as
gravity weakened, so would the force.

I gave up as I was aware I was kind of explaining myself into a corner...!

Brian

Email: