Old January 8th 18, 08:06 AM posted to sci.astro
Libor 'Poutnik' Stříž

Default The eccentricity constant of solar objects

Dne 08/01/2018 v 01:16 Peter Riedt napsal(a):
On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 4:44:46 AM UTC+8, Anders Eklöf wrote:

The values for the semi major axis were obtained from Princeton.edu
and the values for the semi minor axis were calculated by me with
the formula semi minor axis = semi major axis * sqrt(1-e^2):

So, since you use the eccentricity e to calculate the semi major axis,
what is the point of introducing a new "eccentricity constant" X?

1. What is the geometrical mening of X?
2. In what way is it useful?

So much for you simplification of the formula.
Can you still not see where the error is?
You say my points are valid, and choose to ignore them.

X is more useful than SR and GR which cannot calculate any real elements of solar orbits.

An evasive attempt.
X is useless.

BTW, If you cannot calculate it via SR/GR,
it does not mean it cannot be done.

--
Poutnik ( The Pilgrim, Der Wanderer )

A wise man guards words he says,