Old August 12th 09, 02:36 AM posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.econ

Default Why Colonize Space?

On Jul 23, 3:11*pm, ericthetolle wrote:
On Jul 23, 6:20 am, "Giga" "Giga" just(removetheseandaddmatthe end)

wrote:
"William December Starr" wrote in ...

In article ,
"Giga" "Giga" just(removetheseandaddmatthe said:

That to me would just the adequate life. Space could potentially
give us the resources for everyone to have their own planet!

I'm not sure that I have ever in my life seen more of a load placed
on a single word than what you just hung on that "potentially."

-- wds

: ) (true) but that is what its all about for me. Its all there just waiting
for us, shame to just settle for just one planet.

You haven't even bothered to colonize all of this one planet!

COME! *COLONIZE THE ANTARCTIC OCEAN! *COLONIZE THE OCEAN BOTTOM! *THE
RICHES OF THE ATLANTIC TRENCH ARE WAITING FOR YOU! *POTENTIALLY WE CAN
MAKE EVERY COLONIST RICH ENOUGH TO HAVE HIS OWN ISLAND!

Show me you have enough gumption to do THAT, and then I'll believe
your babble about being a big, daring colonist with foresight. *But if
you aren't even willing to colonize a floating platform south of the
Cape of Good Hope, then all your rhetoric is just so much bull****.

Eric Tolle- Hide quoted text -

exactly. we can't exploit the ocean bottoms, the polar regions, lots
of places on earth. mars can't possibly be more economically feasible