Old July 23rd 04, 04:04 AM
Info Plumber

Highly unlikely that this is Deneb Kaitos, although it is in the right
direction it is only a mag 3.5 star. A much better candidate, but still not
as bright as you described it would be Diphda (Beta Ceti), a mag 2.0 star.

Venus would be barely above the horizon and more toward the N-E than the S-E
and not the least bit reddish.

Fomalhaut (more SSE than S-E) is a white, mag 1 star also fairly low on the
horizon. What is your latitude, Wisconsin is a pretty big state?

The only other remote possibility is the reddish star Mirach, about mag 2 ,
S-E but very close to the zenith.

IP

"Algomeysa2" wrote in message
k.net...
not if it's in the SE at 3:15am.

Venus would be more E-NE.

If you're truly looking SE, it's Deneb Kaitos.

The question is, an hour later, do you see rising higher Venus to the left
of it?

If so, then you're seeing Deneb Kaitos.

If not, then you're really talking about E-NE, not SE.

"dude" wrote in message

"Wally Anglesea" wrote in

message

"dude" wrote in message
OK last time they told me it was a star because no planets are

visible
at
this time... But no way is this a star...

I live in Wisconsin (-6:00GMT). It is currently 3:15am and there is

bright
object in the SouthEast sky.

It is redish but also twinkles white. It is too big to be a star.

On my days off it was too cloudy to take my telescope out. Now I am

at
work
and saw it on my break again.

Please, can someone go outside and tell me WTF it is?!?!?!?

According to my copy of Starry Night, Venus is up in Wisconsin at

that
time, and Venus is pretty much at it's brightest.

Thank you... I was told there were no planets visible this time of the

year
at night...

Venus would explain it. This is waaaay to big to be a star....

You might want to try heavens above:
www.heavens-above.com