Old September 11th 03, 06:59 PM
Jan Philips

Default Last Titan Centaur

On 11 Sep 2003 10:30:14 -0700, (ed kyle) wrote:

I got to see a shuttle launch once from a
spot that was a few hundred yards closer to Pad A than the
press site. The ground rolled beneath my feet, *then* the
sound hit - and I mean hit. I could not just hear the sound,
I could feel it - feel the air pressure waves beating on
my face and on my hair and on my eardrums.

I haven't seen a shuttle launch yet, but it reminds me of when we saw
Apollo 11 lift off. We were pretty close, over on the island (you
could do that then). My youngest sister was 6 at the time. She says
"you feel it here" and she puts her hand on her stomach and shakes it.