Old July 12th 03, 11:32 PM
Darren

Default Scanning Astro Slides

My father has one of these scanners and I tried the same thing and got the
same response. It sees there is just darkness there and assumes the slide is
not present or the head is misplaced or something. I managed to do it by
going into some kind of manual scan mode. I can't remember the details, but
do remember I succeeded.

Have a play around with the settings, it should work.

Darren

"Richard" wrote in message
HI

Yes I am sure the adaptor is in the correct position. It seems to
scan daylight exposed slides OK. The annoying thing is that I can
beat the system by previewing a daylight slide and then swap it for an
astro slide before the final scan. The problem here is that you have
no idea what the final scan is going to be like until you do it.

Richard