Old July 22nd 11, 06:56 PM posted to sci.space.history
Paul Madarasz[_2_]

Default Shuttle Press Release Drinking Game.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:02:54 +0000 (UTC), "Fevric J. Glandules"
wrote, perhaps among other things:

Stuf4 wrote:

From Fevric J. Glandules:
Rules: one shot of spirits for every use of the word "final"
in a NASA press release regarding Shuttle.

I'll have an awful hangover next week.

To really get blotto, it would have been one shot for every "God Bless
America" during this final flight. Heh. I was disappointed that NASA
did not have a more inclusive attitude about the broader scope that
thirty years of shuttle spaceflights had over the entire human race

snip good points

Indeed. It is perhaps worth adding that a great many naturalised
US citizens, as well as foreign 'guests', have been aboard. In
the UK's case, I believe that one or two of them have had quite a
distinguished flying career.

And if the USA *is* slightly introspective - here's a question.
(Which I CBA to google the answer for). From the borders of
the continental US, how far is it to the next-but-one neighbouring
*major* country?

In 1,000 years, only history geeks will remember "The United States of
America." I imagine more than that will remember that humankind left
the Earth in the 20th century.
--
"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell."
-- Ed Abbey