Old July 22nd 11, 03:03 AM posted to sci.space.history
rwalker

Default Shuttle Press Release Drinking Game.

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 00:01:13 +0000 (UTC), "Fevric J. Glandules"
wrote:

Rick Jones wrote:

Fevric J. Glandules wrote:
And if the USA *is* slightly introspective - here's a question.
(Which I CBA to google the answer for). From the borders of the
continental US, how far is it to the next-but-one neighbouring
*major* country?

That depends on one's definition of major doesn't it? For example,
going South past Mexico, would you consider Columbia or Venezuela
major, or would that have to be Brasil? Right there I've already
assumed you would not consider anything from Panama on North to Mexico
to be "major" though at times Panama or Nicaragua have had a "major"
mind share.

I deliberately left that open - but I would think that most people
would not consider e.g. the Bahamas to be 'major'.

I'd have to look at a globe. But if we restrict it to, say, permanent
members of the UN security council, I wonder if it would be closer
over the North pole from the US-Canadian border to Russia than it
would be across the Atlantic to Europe?