Old June 11th 19, 03:24 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Default More proof NASA hoaxed Apollo

palsing wrote:
On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 4:40:54 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:

*** ...The trick was to get the
2.4 foot plate's focal point focused on the radar antenna near Houston,
which is extremely difficult to do. Once they had the plate aligned,
the signal bounce was near perfect, resulting in the data I mentioned
earlier.

Almost correct, Hagar. The plates left on the moon during Apollo
missions 11, 14 and 15 were retroreflectors, and they don't have focal
points...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retroreflector

"Retroreflectors are devices that operate by returning light back to
the light source along the same light direction."

This means that they didn't need to be precisely aimed back to Houston
because they return a signal to wherever it originated. In fact, from
my link in my last post, we read...

"Successful lunar laser range measurements to the retroreflectors were
first reported by the 3.1 m telescope at Lick Observatory, Air Force
Cambridge Research Laboratories Lunar Ranging Observatory in Arizona,
the Pic du Midi Observatory in France, the Tokyo Astronomical
Observatory, and McDonald Observatory in Texas."

I've been present in the McDonald Observatory in Texas when this
experiment was conducted, in 2007, and it was a real thrill... I knew
the technician who actually performed it and he invited me and several
friends along that night. They had an actual retroreflector there as a
hands-on teaching device, and 3 of us surrounded it with red laser
pointers, and we all aimed them at the device, and each of our beams
came back straight to the individual lasers in our hands... it was so
cool... you could walk around while pointing your laser at it and the
return beam would just follow you around. It is really a very simple
device.

Of course a dingbat like you wouldn't understand the science involved,
so I'll just let you rant and rave about the Moon Landing Hoax to your
gay heart's and your feeble brain's content.

Well, I guess you sure told her... but I'll guess that she isn't
particularly teachable...

Read my answer to Hagar.....It's just as appropriate to you.