Old November 3rd 16, 02:00 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.physics,rec.arts.sf.science,sci.space.policy
Robert Clark[_5_]

Default Ion drive for aircraft imminent.

Yes, that's a good example. Electric, battery-powered airplanes and
helicopters already exist. However, the key point is according to the
mathematics you can get even better power-to-thrust ratio with ionic
propulsion using ionizing wires at the nanoscale than helicopters achieve.

Bob Clark

Finally, nanotechnology can now fulfill its potential to revolutionize
21st-century technology, from the space elevator, to private, orbital
launchers, to 'flying cars'.
This crowdfunding campaign is to prove it:

Nanotech: from air to space.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/n...ce/x/13319568/
wrote in message

On Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 10:20:43 AM UTC-7, John Larkin wrote:
Why do people invent (and press release) crazy sci-fi dreams that
ignore basic physics? There is a reason why helicopters have gas
turbine engines and giant fan blades... and horrendous fuel
consumption rates. Why don't they just use their jet engines to lift
the vehicle?
--
John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement

Oh I dunno, I thought this 18-rotor electric copter-thingie was kind of
cute.

http://newatlas.com/volocopter-manned-flight/42704/

Michael
---