Old June 25th 07, 12:44 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Androcles[_2_]

Default SPECIAL RELATIVITY WITHOUT THE LIGHT POSTULATE

"Pentcho Valev" wrote in message
ups.com...
:
: Androcles wrote:
: "Pentcho Valev" wrote:
: : At least criminals in Wikipedia are straightforward - the speed of
: : light is constant and that's it. Relativists like Tom Roberts and
Jean-
: : Marc Levy-Leblond deliberately introduce confusions and even
: : plagiarize one another in the process:
: :
: : http://o.castera.free.fr/pdf/onemorederivation.pdf
: : Jean-Marc Levy-Leblond: "The evidence of the nonzero mass of the
: : photon would not, as such, shake in any way the validity of the
: : special relalivity. It would, however, nullify all its derivations
: : which are based on the invariance of the photon velocity."
: :
: :
:
http://groups.google.ca/group/sci.ph...4dc146100e32c?
: : Tom Roberts: "If it is ultimately discovered that the photon has a
: : nonzero mass (i.e. light in vacuum does not travel at the invariant
: : speed of the Lorentz transform), SR would be unaffected but both
: : Maxwell's equations and QED would be refuted (or rather, their domains
: : of applicability would be reduced)."
: :
: : Pentcho Valev
: :
: Based as they are on the sci-fi rantings of Einstein and his time
machine
: pseudo-mathematics, neither one advances any understanding of Nature as
she
: really
: is.
: Maxwell's equations were refuted by Einstein himself anyway.
: "It is known that Maxwell's electrodynamics--as usually understood at
the
: present time--when applied to moving bodies, leads to asymmetries which
do
: not appear to be inherent in the phenomena. "-- Einstein.
: The so-called "invariance of photon velocity" doesn't exist.
:
: Einstein went even further:
:
:
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/pdf...09145525ca.pdf
: Einstein 1935: "One does not have the right today to maintain that the
: foundation [of physics] must consist of a field theory in the sense of
: Maxwell. The other possibility leads in my opinion to a renunciation
: of the space-time continuum..."

Rights? Opinions? Nature doesn't give a rat's arse about Einstein's or
anyone
else's rights and opinions, that's political talk. What's the big deal if
the space-time continuum is "renounced"? So it should be, it was garbage to
begin with, much ado about nothing.

: Einstein 1954: "I consider it entirely
: possible that physics cannot be based upon the field concept, that is
: on continuous structures. Then nothing will remain of my whole castle
: in the air, including the theory of gravitation, but also nothing of
: the rest of contemporary physics."

Aww...What a shame. His whole castle in the air was a house of cards in the
aether anyway, aka vapourware.

:
: Hypnotists in Einstein criminal cult know quite well that, as far as
: the deductive nature of contemporary physics is concerned, "nothing
: will remain of my whole castle in the air, including the theory of
: gravitation, but also nothing of the rest of contemporary physics" is
: a corollary of the simple fact that the speed of light is not
: independent of the relative speed of the light source and the
: observer. That is the reason why they are so silent.
:
: Pentcho Valev

His theory of gravitation is bent spacetime anyway, isn't it?
When I see a theory that includes magnetism, a far more powerful
force than gravity, I might sit up and take notice.
http://www.supermagnete.de/eng/photo...ze_de/0496.jpg