Old June 23rd 07, 11:14 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Androcles[_2_]

Default SPECIAL RELATIVITY WITHOUT THE LIGHT POSTULATE

"Pentcho Valev" wrote in message
ps.com...
:
: Androcles wrote:
: "Pentcho Valev" wrote in message
: oups.com...
: :
: : Androcles wrote:
: : "Pentcho Valev" wrote in message
: : ups.com...
: : : An extremely important discovery made recently by Tom Roberts, the
: : : Albert Einstein of our generation and apparently the last active
: : : hypnotist in Einstein criminal cult:
: : :
: : :
: :
:
http://groups.google.ca/group/sci.ph...32844f0766cea?
: : : Tom Roberts wrote in sci.physics.relativity: "While the constancy
of
: : : the speed of light was important in the historical development of
SR,
: : : I agree it has no logical place as a postulate of SR. Einstein's
: : : second postulate can be replaced by any of a number of suitable
: : : postulates, of which I like this one best: There is a finite upper
: : : bound on the speed of propagation of information."
: : :
: : : So time dilation, length contraction and all other idiocies will
now
: : : be rigorously deduced from "there is a finite upper bound on the
speed
: : : of propagation of information". The world is eager to see the
: : : deduction.
: : :
: : : Pentcho Valev
: :
: : What Humpty Roberts likes isn't relevant to physics.
: : Einstein's time postulate is : the time required by light to travel
from
: A
: : to B equals the time it requires to travel from B to A, which is
: disproven
: : by the Cassini probe to Saturn.
: : That's a fact whether Humpty Roberts agrees, disagrees, likes or
doesn't
: : like it.
: :
: : I suspect hypnotists in Einstein criminal cult like Tom Roberts think
: : of themselves in the following way: "I am destroying human rationality
: : and the grateful humanity pays me for that. Could there be a more
: : convincing proof that I am great? No."
: :
: : Pentcho Valev
: :
: Actually he and Lucent Technologies parted company some time ago, I'm
sure
: they were tired of his rantings whilst on company time.
: The real criminals are lurking hidden in wackypedia
: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special...ity#Postulates
:
: where it is impossible to bring to the attention of the public what
: Einstein's third postulate actually says, and such persuasive rhetoric
such
: as "the power of Einstein's argument" is carefully employed.
:
: If you attempt to amend wackypedia to the truth then Ed Schaffer, self
: appointed wackypedia censor and editor, will not permit it.
:
: At least criminals in Wikipedia are straightforward - the speed of
: light is constant and that's it. Relativists like Tom Roberts and Jean-
: Marc Levy-Leblond deliberately introduce confusions and even
: plagiarize one another in the process:
:
: http://o.castera.free.fr/pdf/onemorederivation.pdf
: Jean-Marc Levy-Leblond: "The evidence of the nonzero mass of the
: photon would not, as such, shake in any way the validity of the
: special relalivity. It would, however, nullify all its derivations
: which are based on the invariance of the photon velocity."
:
:
http://groups.google.ca/group/sci.ph...4dc146100e32c?
: Tom Roberts: "If it is ultimately discovered that the photon has a
: nonzero mass (i.e. light in vacuum does not travel at the invariant
: speed of the Lorentz transform), SR would be unaffected but both
: Maxwell's equations and QED would be refuted (or rather, their domains
: of applicability would be reduced)."
:
: Pentcho Valev
:
Based as they are on the sci-fi rantings of Einstein and his time machine
pseudo-mathematics, neither one advances any understanding of Nature as she
really
is.
Maxwell's equations were refuted by Einstein himself anyway.
"It is known that Maxwell's electrodynamics--as usually understood at the
present time--when applied to moving bodies, leads to asymmetries which do
not appear to be inherent in the phenomena. "-- Einstein.
The so-called "invariance of photon velocity" doesn't exist.