Old June 23rd 07, 09:24 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default SPECIAL RELATIVITY WITHOUT THE LIGHT POSTULATE

Androcles wrote:
"Pentcho Valev" wrote in message
oups.com...
:
: Androcles wrote:
: "Pentcho Valev" wrote in message
: ups.com...
: : An extremely important discovery made recently by Tom Roberts, the
: : Albert Einstein of our generation and apparently the last active
: : hypnotist in Einstein criminal cult:
: :
: :
:
http://groups.google.ca/group/sci.ph...32844f0766cea?
: : Tom Roberts wrote in sci.physics.relativity: "While the constancy of
: : the speed of light was important in the historical development of SR,
: : I agree it has no logical place as a postulate of SR. Einstein's
: : second postulate can be replaced by any of a number of suitable
: : postulates, of which I like this one best: There is a finite upper
: : bound on the speed of propagation of information."
: :
: : So time dilation, length contraction and all other idiocies will now
: : be rigorously deduced from "there is a finite upper bound on the speed
: : of propagation of information". The world is eager to see the
: : deduction.
: :
: : Pentcho Valev
:
: What Humpty Roberts likes isn't relevant to physics.
: Einstein's time postulate is : the time required by light to travel from
: to B equals the time it requires to travel from B to A, which is
disproven
: by the Cassini probe to Saturn.
: That's a fact whether Humpty Roberts agrees, disagrees, likes or doesn't
: like it.
:
: I suspect hypnotists in Einstein criminal cult like Tom Roberts think
: of themselves in the following way: "I am destroying human rationality
: and the grateful humanity pays me for that. Could there be a more
: convincing proof that I am great? No."
:
: Pentcho Valev
:
Actually he and Lucent Technologies parted company some time ago, I'm sure
they were tired of his rantings whilst on company time.
The real criminals are lurking hidden in wackypedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special...ity#Postulates

where it is impossible to bring to the attention of the public what
Einstein's third postulate actually says, and such persuasive rhetoric such
as "the power of Einstein's argument" is carefully employed.

If you attempt to amend wackypedia to the truth then Ed Schaffer, self
appointed wackypedia censor and editor, will not permit it.

At least criminals in Wikipedia are straightforward - the speed of
light is constant and that's it. Relativists like Tom Roberts and Jean-
Marc Levy-Leblond deliberately introduce confusions and even
plagiarize one another in the process:

http://o.castera.free.fr/pdf/onemorederivation.pdf
Jean-Marc Levy-Leblond: "The evidence of the nonzero mass of the
photon would not, as such, shake in any way the validity of the
special relalivity. It would, however, nullify all its derivations
which are based on the invariance of the photon velocity."

http://groups.google.ca/group/sci.ph...4dc146100e32c?
Tom Roberts: "If it is ultimately discovered that the photon has a
nonzero mass (i.e. light in vacuum does not travel at the invariant
speed of the Lorentz transform), SR would be unaffected but both
Maxwell's equations and QED would be refuted (or rather, their domains
of applicability would be reduced)."

Pentcho Valev