Old June 19th 07, 08:07 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default SPECIAL RELATIVITY WITHOUT THE LIGHT POSTULATE

Androcles wrote:
"Pentcho Valev" wrote in message
ups.com...
: An extremely important discovery made recently by Tom Roberts, the
: Albert Einstein of our generation and apparently the last active
: hypnotist in Einstein criminal cult:
:
:
http://groups.google.ca/group/sci.ph...32844f0766cea?
: Tom Roberts wrote in sci.physics.relativity: "While the constancy of
: the speed of light was important in the historical development of SR,
: I agree it has no logical place as a postulate of SR. Einstein's
: second postulate can be replaced by any of a number of suitable
: postulates, of which I like this one best: There is a finite upper
: bound on the speed of propagation of information."
:
: So time dilation, length contraction and all other idiocies will now
: be rigorously deduced from "there is a finite upper bound on the speed
: of propagation of information". The world is eager to see the
: deduction.
:
: Pentcho Valev

What Humpty Roberts likes isn't relevant to physics.
Einstein's time postulate is : the time required by light to travel from A
to B equals the time it requires to travel from B to A, which is disproven
by the Cassini probe to Saturn.
That's a fact whether Humpty Roberts agrees, disagrees, likes or doesn't
like it.

I suspect hypnotists in Einstein criminal cult like Tom Roberts think
of themselves in the following way: "I am destroying human rationality
and the grateful humanity pays me for that. Could there be a more
convincing proof that I am great? No."

Pentcho Valev