Old December 22nd 08, 08:10 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default GENERAL RELATIVITY WITHOUT SPECIAL RELATIVITY

http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~kost.../05science.pdf
Einsteiniana's hypnotists discuss in the journal Science: "Special
Relativity Reconsidered. Einstein’s special theory of relativity
reaches into every corner of modern physics. So why are so many trying
so hard to prove it wrong?....Now, however, some physicists wonder
whether special relativity might be subtly - and perhaps beautifully -
wrong....Yet a growing number of physicists are entertaining the
possibility that special relativity is not quite correct....Only a
decade ago, questioning special relativity would have struck many as
heretical, says Robert Bluhm, a theoretical physicist at Colby College
in Waterville, Maine. "When I started working on it, I was kind of
sheepish about it because I didn’t want to be perceived as a
crackpot," Bluhm says. "It seems to really have gone mainstream in the
past few years.".....According to legend, Einstein invented special
relativity to explain the Michelson-Morley experiment....Why are some
physicists so keen to take on Einstein? Answers vary widely."

Einstein zombie world:

"YES WE ALL BELIEVE IN RELATIVITY, RELATIVITY, RELATIVITY"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkLLXhONvQ

Pentcho Valev