Old March 8th 05, 09:25 PM
Rusty

Default News about scifi writer Andre Norton

The following messages appeared on the Yahoo Space-modelers discussion
board over the past few days:

"From: "Karon Adams" karon@k...
Date: Sat Mar 5, 2005 8:41 am
Subject: Update on Ms. Andre

"I just received a call from my mom. Ms. Andre Norton had a stroke a
two days
ago. She has lost her sight, most of her hearing and is now functioning
mentally on a five year old level. We expect a second stroke any time
now
and that will, unfortunately take this lovely lady from us. Please keep
her
and her family and friends in your prayers. My mom was able to go and
see
her prior to the stroke. She went home when the docs told her she was
probably not going to survive. She wanted to go home and die with her
books
and her cats. Unfortunately for us, we are soon to lose her.

For now, I pray for her comfort and ease. Godspeed Ms. Andre, Godspeed.

Karon"

"From: "Karon Adams" karon@k...
Date: Sat Mar 5, 2005 12:55 pm
Subject: [space-modelers] Update on Ms. Andre

Oh, My, I must correct a misunderstanding. My mom is perfectly fine, it
is
Ms. Andre Norton, long time Science Fiction Author, who is ill and near
her
end. She is 93 and has written many a wonderful trip through the stars.
mention it here because I know many people interested in space flight
are
also Science fiction fans and many science fiction fans grew up reading
Ms.
Andre's work. My mom is a friend of Ms. Andre, this is why I know of
her
condition.

Karon"

Rusty