Old February 19th 21, 11:06 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel65

Default 'STUNNING ADMISSION' Pentagon admits it has been testing wreckagefrom UFO crashes

R Kym Horsell wrote on 19/02/2021 6:21 pm:
Daniel65 wrote:
R Kym Horsell wrote on 18/02/2021 11:33 pm:

Snip

The "opacity" (usu written as symbol "k") of lead which I think you're
thinking of is a different but related issue.

Having done, and taught, a little bit of Radio propagation theory in a
past incarnation (over twenty-five years ago!!), 'Refractive Index' was
an indication of how far a radio wave (which light consists of) is bent
towards/away from the normal as it passes from one medium to another.

As light does not pass through Lead, I guessed it would have a high
refractive index.

That would be factually inaccurate. Light can pass through most
substances if it is strong enough.

So-called "transparent" objects have substances that interact very
little with light photons. For an interaction to happen the photon
normally must have a frequency/wavelength with the energy of an orbital
electron in the substance. Very high energy photons can interact with
the nucleus.

X-rays and gamma rays are a form of light. They are known to regularly pass
through lead.

"X-rays and .... regularly pass through lead"?? Really?? I thought that
was why Radiographers regularly wore lead aprons!!

Sometimes you bet right .... sometimes you bet wrong!! ;-P

Sure. What would I know about physics?

I don't know .... What would *YOU* know about physics? ;-P
--
Daniel