Old January 11th 21, 05:48 AM posted to alt.astronomy
R Kym Horsell[_2_]

Default The hunt for alien life heats up in 2021

Whisper wrote:
On 11/01/2021 3:11 pm, Andrew W wrote:
"Whisper" wrote in message
Has to be based on reality though.

What is reality? Reality is an agreed upon collection of concepts by a
human collective about life on one particular planet based on current
understandings. It has changed many times in our history. Certain
figures like Galileo, Einstein, Newton and others changed it.
'Concepts' could be any kind of BS, like interstellar travel.

Can. But many concepts can also be right as has happened in history. And
ordinary people can come up with intuitive truths. Einstein was only a
patent clerk.

So a 'patent clerk' is about the limit of human intelligence. We're not
likely to advanced much beyond him, & still end of the day there are
things that are actually impossible.
Until we can offer up a reasonable way humans may travel to another star
system it remains impossible.
I personally have no problem accepting the vast distances between stars
and knowing we can never travel there.

Of course not. It's so much less worrying.

--
"Dont worry... it will go away by April!".
"Dont worry... vaccines will save us!".