Old January 11th 21, 03:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy
R Kym Horsell[_2_]

Default The hunt for alien life heats up in 2021

Andrew W wrote:
"Whisper" wrote in message
On 10/01/2021 9:18 am, Andrew W wrote:
"Whisper" wrote in message
On 8/01/2021 9:32 am, Andrew W wrote:
casag... wrote in message ...
Also keep in mind, something worth repeating. Intelligent space faring
species likely abound throughout the universe. If interstellar travel
were possible, then we'd be often visited by aliens. We are clearly
not so it isn't possible.
How do you know we haven't been visited? How do you know they're not
here now?
Because he's a logical thinker.
Logic is blind to fact and experience.

You need to look up the definition of 'logic'.

Logic only works if you can see and understand ALL the points of progression
and concepts.

There are many many many types of logic.
Most of them can not solve even elemtary problems
people find "easy".

One example is this type of thing:

3 math experts are given different clues to solve
a simple puzzle. Each one knows in a general way
what clues the others were given but not the details.
The first mathematician says
"I cant solve this with the clues I was given".
The 2nd says "I could figure that out from the clue I was given!"
The 4rd says "OK. Then tells me the answer must be X".

Theorem provers that work with classical logic(s) had trouble solving
this type of thing.
It seems a non-obvious axiom needed to be added to get anywhere.
The axiom is roughly "what one person knows all people know".

The point is that this "axiom" seems a bit questionable!

--
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to
all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world,

Creativity in Science
Science is creative in much the same way that art, music, or literature are
creative, in that scientists have to use their imagination to come up with
explanations. These explanations are well informed - they are not mere
guesses - but there is no escaping the fact that they are ultimately
products of the imagination.
-- www.visionlearning.com