Old January 6th 04, 12:05 AM
John Zinni

"Bill Sheppard" wrote in message
When that 'Alien review' thead started running earlier, of course I
skipped over it along with kook Min's. Then upon noticing Painius had
hopped in it, I figgered there must be something amusing going on, and
snooped in also. Suspicion confirmed (!).

'Miss Thaing' is a piece of work, to say the least. There's either of
two possible scenarios going on with her/him/it. One is patent
stoopidity. To present oneself as an extraterrestrial alien with
super-classified "level 5 - 6" knowledge, and to expect to be taken
serously, is unutterable, ribald stoopidity, worthy only of mockery and
derision. The edict for 'decorum and civility' don't hold no water here.

Testy testy Bill ;-)

Or two, the person is clinically delusional and genuinely
_does_ believe her alien-hood. If the latter is the case, then she
should seek professional help immediately.
On the 'bathroom scale' issue, she apparently did not
read, or did not comprehend it as half tongue in cheek. The
'tongue-in-cheek-ness' was in saying "if you want evidence for flowing
space, you needn't look any further than a bathroom scale, as it gives a
direct analogue readout of matter's *resistance* to the flow of space,
aka 'weight', under the F.S. model. The interchange with Odysseus fully
explained buoyancy under the F.S. model.
On the issue of "Where does the flow go once ingested?",
that's the 'Roach Motel' issue universally cited by objectors to the
F.S. model. It's a back burner issue and a 'given', just as the Standard
Model has its 'givens' and imponderables.. such as the pre-BB condition
and whatever imponderables may lie 'outside' our horizon of visibility.
Despite the clear evidence *for* the BB, ought we to say, "I cannot
accept the BB because we don't know what came before it."? No, we accept
the BB along with its implicit 'givens'.
The flowing-space model simply looks at the evidence,
applies Occams Razor, and accepts gravity for what it appears to be and
behaves as, and puts the 'givens' on the back burner just as the
Standard Model does.

Painius, this is all your fault. G oc