Old May 1st 11, 07:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.astro,sci.physics
Val Kraut

Default Dragon landing on Mars video

Around here
education is getting slashed so the next generation wouldnt know how
to go to mars.

This present generation doesn't know many of the details of how we got to
the moon - there were many articles on today's NASA staff removing Apollo
Hardware from museums to understand how it was done back then. The old teams
are gone or disbanded and there is no master repository of Apollo data,
orany other old program data. Not only are we slahing funds - but we're
dumbing down the text books so more wil graduate. There are undergraduate
text books that actually start with intros like - we've made the present
edition more friendly by removing all the problems that require Calculus, or
replaced many mathematical problems with discussion questions. Other
countries pride themselves in science and math education - we pride ouselves
on turning out business majors and sports.

Val Kraut