Old January 6th 04, 12:37 AM
bob

Default PBS's "Nova" and MER

i think we have to cut some slack to the developement for the hasty work
created by the astonomy (once every 26 month mars/earch minimum approach).
It was not a case of FBC, just a deadline that was impossible to work
around.

I was not worried about the youth of the crew: it was unavoidable given the
all at once surge of the 60's (it takes several generations of more even
funding that NASA has ever had to even things out, and organizational
cultural transmission of experience is the best we could hope for. Given the
level of change in technology, this is probably not as important as we
think.

Finally, i worried not at all about loading software after the hardware went
up. Software is just that, soft. They had the device here, software can be
tested. If the hardware is designed correctly, software follows the form. I
design software for a living, and I know who's boss: reality, not me.

bob