Old May 8th 04, 07:10 PM
Ool

Default reflecting sunlight onto the Moon?

"Hop David" wrote in message ...
Ool wrote:

So finding a spot that's perpetually in sunlight isn't such a bad
idea, be it a mountain on the south pole or L1...

Is there such a mountain?

I think the highest spots along the crater rims are in sunlight 86% of
the time. That would be 24 Earth days of light, 4 days of darkness.
It would diminish the need for heavy batteries or flywheels considera-
bly...

But I'm not sure you could get that much sunlight all in one spot and
wouldn't have to connect several sites with kilometers of power ca-
bles...

(It also depends on whether it's Lunar summer or winter. The Moon's
axial tilt is 1.6°.)

--
__ "A good leader knows when it's best to ignore the __
('__` screams for help and focus on the bigger picture." '__`)