Old December 24th 04, 09:44 PM
Jon Isaacs

have NO problem buying a £1000 'scope as I have spent half that on
having a gun engraved, but it is a challenge to see what can be done
with a "cheapie"

I try to avoid "cheapies", rather I prefer "inexpensive" equipment. In so
doing, one can get some pretty solid performance without spending a great deal
of money. The modern asian Newtonians are certainly a bargin in this regard.

In this hobby, like any hobby its not how much money you throw at it, rather it
is the care and effort you put into it and the pleasure and knowledge you get
out of it.

Under the night sky looking through the eyepiece is where the action is...

jon isaacs