Old September 24th 17, 01:33 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default U.S. astronauts are climbing back into space capsules. Here's how they've improved over the past 50 years

In article ,
says...

Jeff Findley wrote:

Yes, the rumors are flying. I've heard that the not quite so big BFR
would fly exclusively out of Texas, not LC-39A, but that doesn't seem
likely. I would think with this new vehicle SpaceX would want to court
things like cargo launches to NASA's proposed lunar orbiting station.
If so, NASA would likely be more comfortable with KSC launches.

Why would SpaceX want to use BFR with its huge cargo capacity for
cargo launches to lunar orbit?

Rumor has it that ITS is being scaled down a bit. We'll know more when
SpaceX gives an update (coming up in October, I believe).

Falcon Heavy is more than adequate for
that. However, any real Mars program other than small scientific
visits and 'flags and footprints' needs a bigger rocket.

Agreed, but just how big is "bigger"?

Jeff