Old December 4th 06, 08:46 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

Default Our Taboo/Nondisclosure Moon

"Paul Mc" wrote in message
ups.com

I'm no expert on gravitational or radiological issues but have
considerable experience in marketing commercial satellites and so was
wondering what comunications possibilities this idea might afford. As I
non-expert I have difficulty envisaging its 'orbit' when viewed from
the Earth or the Moon (being used to simple concepts like
geo-stationary or LEO.

Our moon and of it's L1 zone or gravity-well pocket is somewhat the one
and only ideal GSO to the moon itself, and otherwise this L1 is rather
ideal for accommodating laser cannon packets of FM/quantum binary data
that's going between planets or even to/from a few of the nearby star
systems, or for that matter of to/from any number of terrestrial or
satellite nodes that are near or far. There's aso extremely good
VLA/SAR imaging and subsequent NEO tracking capability of whatever's out
there, that's more than worthy of accomplishing.

Since there's likely less than 5e3 atoms/cm3 within this L1 to deal
with, as such the originating laser cannon beam is going to be least
distorted or otherwise attinuated, yet operations of such will always
remain in full view of Earth. Fully remote pilotted station-keeping
duties and whatever scientific operations can also transpire effectively
from your home office or portable laptop that's wherever as long as
you're into the encrypted network. With hardly any signal delay to
speak of, with a global configuration of as few as three or four
relatively simple and affordable ground to this moon L1 tracking
stations, and/or via a couple of terrestrial satellites as transponders
would obviously insure 100% coverage.

I also thought it a worthy subject for discussion within cam.misc, but
it seems to have been diappeared from there already.

Sadly, much of whatever's moon L1 related (including Clarke Station)
remains as either taboo/nondisclosure, as in topic/author X-rated, or
simply having been entirely banished because the actual and very real
laws of physics must apply.

On behalf of utilizing our moon's L1, I don't see any insurmountable
problems with either the interactive station-keeping demands of a
floating space station/depot as proposed by Sir Arthur Clarke, or that
of being a fully tethered part of the LSE configuration, other than
beefing up the shielding considerations so that staying onboard for
months on end if not years at a time is manageable without folks having
to rely upon banked bone marrow as their plan-B should things get a
touch TBI lethal.

If my Mailgate/Usenet allows it, I'll certainly try to place a viable L1
topic into "cam.misc", though I'm not expecting to see much results,
especially since I have such a short fuse on my battery of lose cannons,
as necessary for the task of returning the usual topic/author bashing
favor.
-
Brad Guth