Old August 25th 05, 02:27 AM
Androcles

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
ps.com...
| Here's a question that's been puzzling me. If the universe is
| expanding,

Is it?

| and the further an object (e.g. a galaxy) is away from us,
| the faster it is moving away from us.

So it would be accelerating base on that idea....

Are there parts of space so far
| away from us that it's expanding away from us *faster* than the speed
| of light?

Faster than the speed of light, relative to what? Us? The source?
The "nothing" between us and the star that is part of of the galaxy
that is red-shifted?

| From what I understand the speed of light limitation doesn't
| apply to the expansion of space itself.

Ah.... from what you understand... I see.
What is it that you *see*, exactly?

Androcles.