Old May 6th 16, 01:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Congrats to SpaceX on another successful launch and landing!

Congrats to SpaceX on another successful launch and first stage landing!

This barge landing is notable because since this was a GTO mission, very
little fuel reserves were available for the first stage landing.
Because of this, the stage landing using three of the first stage
engines. This is notable because only one engine at minimum thrust
provides for a thrust to weight ratio greater than one. So clearly,
three engines means a thrust to weight ratio greater than three, or
greater than 3 Gs of acceleration.

This is done to minimize gravity losses and fuel needed. And it was
successful! Video replays show how fast the stage came into frame and
landed. It was quite impressive.

Jeff